Table of Content
1. Important – be sure to read this BEFORE you process your model
Make sure that all the required files are included in the upload:
|OBJ and MTL Files
|Local coordinate system, maximum 400 million polygons
|*.jpg or *.png
|Resolution not more than 8192x8192 pixel, not more than 100 pieces
|Block Exchange XML
|Local coordinate system
|*.jpg or *.png
- Make sure that the import and export of the model happens in a LOCAL COORDINATE SYSTEM. TWINSPECT can NOT handle georeferenced coordinate systems (e.g. WGS84) yet. The model must be exported in WAVEFRONT OBJ format and must not exceed a size of 400 million polygons.
- The camera file must also be exported in a LOCAL COORDINATE SYSTEM. It must also be exported in Block Exchange XML format.
- The textures must always have a power of two as the number of pixels. Here, the highest resolution of a texture may be 8192x8192 pixels. The textures must be in *.jpg or *.png format. The number of textures must not exceed 100.
- Check your camera file (AT XML) again before uploading. Make sure that all images you want to see in TWINPSECT are present in this camera file. (During the upload your data will be validated again. Again, check the number of images in the validation overview).
- Please read the step by step instructions carefully. The red marked parts are very important and decide about the successful upload of your project.
Create a new project and specify the original images from which to create the model.
Create the model with the following settings:
It is important that you select the output format XML, otherwise no camera parameters will be exported.
It is also important that you select the arbitrary cordinate system option.
In addition, the "Generate Tie Points" option must be switched off, otherwise the camera meta file will be very large.
In the 3D settings you should also select the arbitrary cordinate system.
We also need the model in Wavefront OBJ format.
At the end you will get again a summary, which should look like in this picture:
Once the model is calculated and exported, we need the following files:
- OBJ, Textures and Metadata XML. You can find them all under the following part:
-> C:\Users\<Windows User>\Documents\DJI\DJITerra\<DJI User>\<Project Name>\models\pc\0\terra_obj
- Cameraparameter File. This can be found under the following part:
-> C:\Users\<Windows User>\Documents\DJI\DJITerra\<DJI User>\<Project Name>\AT\BlocksExchangeUndistortAT.xml
- All original images. You can find them all under the following part:
-> C:\Users\<Windows User>\Documents\DJI\DJITerra\<DJI User>\<Project Name>\AT\undistort
3. Create your Twinsity Account and login
To create an account, please visit the TWINSPECT Dashboard:
On the start page you can log in with an existing account or register with a new one using the sign in and registration function. When the "Sign In" button is clicked, the registration window opens.
In the login window you can log in with an already created account and the corresponding password. With the checkbox "Keep me signed in" the login will remain after leaving the application, unless they have logged out.
To register a new account, click "Create an Account" and follow the following steps.
To upload the project to TWINSPECT®, press the "Create" button in our dashboard.
Now there are 5 steps to upload your project:
- Enter the name of your project, the asset type and choose “DJI Terra” reconsturction software.
- Under "Select Source Folder", select the folder containing all project data files. Depending on the browser, select "View files" to display the images. Important: Our upload only works with Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge internet browsers.
- We validate your data before you can upload the data to avoid any problems. If there are any errors in your data, they will be displayed here.
- Your project will be uploaded.
- Your project is uploaded.
When your project is uploaded, you will see it under the "Project Draft" item in our dashboard.
Once the project is finished by us and accessible to you, the model will be displayed under the "Projects" item.