Make sure that all the required files are included in the upload:
|OBJ and MTL Files||Wavefront OBJ||Local coordinate system, maximum 400 million polygons|
|Textures||*.jpg or *.png||Resolution not more than 8192x8192 pixel, not more than 100 pieces|
|Kameraparameterdatei||*.csv||Local coordinate system|
|original images||*.jpg or *.png|
- Make sure that the import and export of the model happens in a LOCAL COORDINATE SYSTEM. TWINSPECT can NOT handle georeferenced coordinate systems (e.g. WGS84) yet. The model must be exported in WAVEFRONT OBJ format and must not exceed a size of 400 million polygons.
- The camera file must also be exported in a LOCAL COORDINATE SYSTEM. It must also be exported in Block Exchange XML format.
- The textures must always have a power of two as the number of pixels. Here, the highest resolution of a texture may be 8192x8192 pixels. The textures must be in *.jpg or *.png format. The number of textures must not exceed 100.
- Check your camera file (CSV) again before uploading. Make sure that all images you want to see in TWINPSECT are present in this camera file. (During the upload your data will be validated again. Again, check the number of images in the validation overview).
- Please read the step by step instructions carefully. The red marked parts are very important and decide about the successful upload of your project.
To create an account, please visit the TWINSPECT Dashboard:
On the start page you can log in with an existing account or register with a new one using the sign in and registration function. When the "Sign In" button is clicked, the registration window opens.
In the login window you can log in with an already created account and the corresponding password. With the checkbox "Keep me signed in" the login will remain after leaving the application, unless they have logged out.
To register a new account, click "Create an Account" and follow the following steps.
Build and export mesh
At first, the produced 3D model needs to be exported from RealityCapture. For this, please go to the Reconstruction tab in RC and click on Model in the Export section (highlighted in green).
This will open the following dialog. Here you can specify the filename of the mesh model. Please make sure to choose the Wavefront obj (*.obj) option as the file type. To change the file type, please open the drop-down menu like shown below.
Afterwards, the following option dialog will show up. Please use these shown options and parameters for exporting your 3D mesh model into the Wavefront obj format.
Now, when clicking on OK the 3D mesh model is exported alongside the corresponding texture files. In the next step, the camera alignment file (i.e., the registration) needs to be exported.
In the next step, the camera alignment file (i.e., the registration of RC) needs to be exported. For this, please go to the Alignment tab in RC and click on Registration in the Export section (highlighted in green).
This will open the following dialog for choosing the filename of the exported alignment file. Please make sure to select Internal/External camera parameters as the file type. To change the file type, open the drop-down menu like shown below.
Afterwards, the following export options dialog will show up. Please use the shown options and parameters to export the registration into the CSV file.
You can add as many original images to your TWINSPECT project as you like. It is not necessary to import all the original images used to create the model. So, you can just skip the alignment images and import the inspection images only.
There are two ways you can choose a subset of your original images.
- Define an image selection in RC before exporting the camera alignment CSV file.
- Choose an image folder containing only a subset of your original images when specifying the root folder of the images to be imported into TWINSPECT.
To upload the project to TWINSPECT®, press the "Create" button in our dashboard.
Now there are 5 steps to upload your project:
- Enter the name of your project, the asset type and choose “Reality Capture” reconsturction software.
- Under "Select Source Folder", select the folder containing all project data files. Depending on the browser, select "View files" to display the images. Important: Our upload only works with Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge internet browsers.
- We validate your data before you can upload the data to avoid any problems. If there are any errors in your data, they will be displayed here.
- Your project will be uploaded.
- Your project is uploaded.
When your project is uploaded, you will see it under the "Project Draft" item in our dashboard.
Once the project is finished by us and accessible to you, the model will be displayed under the "Projects" item.